NuVinAir’s patented, eco-friendly odor elimination products are a safe and effective alternative to ozone machines. They work in 15 minutes or less and completely eliminate odors from the vehicle while keeping your customers, employees and the environment safe from harmful ozone. This article goes on to detail how ozone machines are unsafe and bad for the environment, and how the EPA has recently taken a position that you should not be using them.
What is a car ozone generator?
Ozone generator vendors claim ozone can kill bacteria and mold through a process of generating ozone from oxygen. Car ozone generators work exactly like home ozone generators but they are smaller so they can be used inside the confined space of a vehicle.
Are Ozone Generators Healthy?
While there is a growing amount of marketing surrounding such generators that promotes the idea that ozone will break down all contaminants in a vehicle and eliminate bacteria and odor, the EPA has produced reports that expose the health dangers of ozone and say ozone generators should be avoided. Here are some interesting excerpts from a recent report from the EPA on ozone machines:
- Available scientific evidence shows that at concentrations that do not exceed public health standards, ozone has little potential to remove indoor air contaminants
- Some manufacturers or vendors suggest that ozone will render almost every chemical contaminant harmless by producing a chemical reaction whose only by-products are carbon dioxide, oxygen and water. This is misleading.
- There is evidence to show that at concentrations that do not exceed public health standards, ozone is not effective at removing many odor-causing chemicals.
- If used at concentrations that do not exceed public health standards, ozone applied to indoor air does not effectively remove viruses, bacteria, mold, or other biological pollutants.
- Results of some controlled studies show that concentrations of ozone considerably higher than these standards are possible even when a user follows the manufacturer’s operating instructions.
- There are many brands and models of ozone generators on the market. They vary in the amount of ozone they can produce. In many circumstances, the use of an ozone generator may not result in ozone concentrations that exceed public health standards. But many factors affect the indoor concentration of ozone so that under some conditions ozone concentrations may exceed public health standards.
- Whether in its pure form or mixed with other chemicals, ozone can be harmful to health.
- Some studies show that ozone concentrations produced by ozone generators can exceed health standards even when one follows the manufacturer’s instructions.
Reasons Why Consumers Should Avoid Air Purifiers that Produce Ozone
Negative health effects from high levels of ozone are many. Issues include decreased lung function, throat irritation, severe asthma symptoms, cough, chest pain, and shortness of breath. Exposure also raises the risk of developing a higher sensitivity to respiratory infection.
Beyond the health risks, the EPA notes that it is very difficult to determine the actual level of ozone used in a vehicle because so many risks come into play. Concentrations are much higher in smaller spaces and it is not clear how the materials of the interior of the car react with the ozone.
NuVinAir’s Total Health Protection: The Safer and More Effective Total Solution
Choosing NuVinAir’s total health protection suite of products is a significantly safer and effective solution than an ozone generator. NuVinAir has proudly been at the forefront of helping ensure healthier commutes to drivers and passengers since launching in 2015, and has recently added an exciting extension known as ReKlenz-X to their product suite. This EPA-approved, oxygen-infused product and eco-friendly disinfectant kills 99.9% of germs, bacteria, and viruses without compromising a vehicle’s interior or the safety of those applying it. NuVinAir’s ‘Total Health’ suite of products are currently being utilized in more than 500 auto dealerships across the United States, as well as supporting the needs of the rental car and fleet markets.
To clean, the proprietary product uses an oxygen-enriched formula to quickly kill bacteria and viruses by destroying their cell walls through a process called oxidation. ReKlenz-X contains no harsh chemicals, sticky residue, or dangerous volatile organic compounds. The result is a disinfected vehicle with no chemical smell.
ReKlenz-X is available in 32-ounce spray bottles through automotive dealerships, detail shops, rental-car companies, service centers, and vehicle fleets.
About NuVinAir Global:
NuVinAir Global is a privately held, Dallas-based company providing healthier commutes for drivers and passengers around the world. They deliver a ‘Total Health’ product line that utilizes sanitization science and a patented cleaning process to dealerships, rental car companies, and other automotive businesses. NuVinAir’s patented ReStore and ReFresh treatments are used to clean the interior air of the vehicle, including the HVAC system, and remove contaminants, odor, and pollutants by dispensing a dry, hygienic vapor that reaches places that sprays and wipes simply cannot. Products and programs are sold through its franchisees, who own protected rights to their defined territories. For more information, visit NuVinAir.com and follow them on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
To find a NuVinAir® Franchisee near you, click here.
To learn more about NuVinAir, click here.