More than any other season, winter can wreak havoc on safe driving. Snow, sleet and ice can all contribute to unsafe driving conditions. The safety of you and your loved ones depends greatly on how well prepared you are as a driver and how well maintained your vehicle is. To get through these last few weeks of winter, take the following tips:
- Know your vehicle. Are your brakes a little soft or too tight? Do you have all-weather tires? All cars perform differently according to their age and if they have special features, such as anti-lock brakes. Practice stopping, turning, and starting in an empty snowy parking lot to get a feel for your car.
- Check your battery before heading out. Cold weather is not kind to batteries, so get it checked before the temperatures dip.
- Go online and see if your car has any recalls. If so, take it to a dealership before setting off on a trip.
- Check your oil before you go. In cold weather, oil thickens. Depending on your dealership’s recommendation, a thinner grade of oil may help your vehicle run more smoothly in winter.
- Equip your car for emergencies. Have a shovel, broom, kitty litter, jumper cables, flashlight, blankets and a phone charger ready. Also have water, food and any necessary medicine in your trunk.
- Plan ahead. Check your route for any construction or delays. Do not rush your trip and allow yourself extra time for travel. Let others know your travel plans and the time you expect to arrive.
- Since you will be driving more slowly and carefully, you may be spending more time than usual driving in the winter season. That’s why it is important to make sure your interior air is at its pinnacle of cleanliness for you and your family. NuVinAir’s products quickly and safely eliminate stubborn odors at the source, giving you a fresh, clean car. Ask your favorite dealership or detailer for NuVinAIr today and experience first-hand a new kind of clean.
New to NuVinAir?
In today’s automotive world, there is a product line that is truly disrupting the industry. That product is called NuVinAir.
NuVinAir is a patented technology that cleans your vehicle’s air in minutes and gives you and your passengers that fresh, healthy feeling you just can’t get anywhere else.
Ask your favorite dealership or detailer for NuVinAir today and experience first-hand a new kind of clean. For more about NuVinAir, visit nuvinair.com or call 1844-9-VinAir (984-6247). To read more about NuVinAir, visit nuvinair.com/blog