It can be interesting how random items end up in your vehicle over time, but there are certain things that you should make sure you always have in your car. Below are essential items for any type of emergency.
1. Emergency Kit. There is nothing worse than encountering an emergency while on a road trip and not having the tools to keep you and your loved ones safe. It takes time to assemble an effective kit, so it is wise to start now before the winter months arrive. Here are some important items to put in your trunk now:
- Portable tire inflator
- Tire pressure gauge
- Jumper cables
- Fire extinguisher
- Spare tire
- Wheel wrench and jack
- Bottled water and snacks
- Toolbox with basic tools (screwdriver, etc.)
- List of emergency phone numbers
2. Weather-related items. The need for some of the following items will depend on where you live. For example, if you live in southern Arizona, you won’t need a snow brush or ice scraper. But, if you live in Vermont, you certainly would. Depending on your environment, have the following on hand:
- Kitty litter (for traction)
- Extra windshield wiper fluid
- Windshield shade
3. Proper documentation. Buy a folder and keep the following documents in one single place in your car, such as your glove compartment:
- Owner’s manual
- Insurance cards and claim forms
- License, insurance and registration
- Car repair information
- Pen and paper
4. Other items. The items listed below often come in handy while on a road trip:
- Spare change
- Lip balm
5. Additional COVID-19 Items. While we still remain in a pandemic, it is important to have the following on hand while you drive:
- Hand sanitizer
- Disinfectant wipes
- Disposable gloves
Until scientists create a vaccine for COVID-19, this highly contagious virus will continue to threaten our health. That’s why it remains important to sanitize and clean all high-touch areas, such as steering wheels, climate controls, and sound system buttons and screens. When you clean, use disinfecting wipes that are multi-surface friendly. Clean such areas as door pockets, cup holders and consoles.
Drivers who really want peace of mind as they drive themselves and loved ones should explore NuVinAir’s ‘Total Health’ product line that provides sanitization science and a patented cleaning process to dealerships, rental car companies, and other automotive businesses. NuVinAir’s patented ReStore and ReFresh treatments are used to clean the interior air of the vehicle, including the HVAC system, and remove contaminants, odor, and pollutants by dispensing a dry, hygienic vapor that reaches places that sprays and wipes simply cannot.
Taking deep cleaning to a new level, many dealerships are also offering their customers NuVinAir’s newest product – ReKlenz-X. This EPA-approved, eco-friendly disinfectant kills 99.9% of germs, bacteria, and viruses without compromising a vehicle’s interior. NuVinAir Global, offers a ‘Total Health’ suite of proprietary vehicle-cleanliness solutions and hygienic consulting for automotive businesses. ReKlenz-X is an oxygen-rich formula that quickly kills bacteria and viruses by destroying their cell walls through a process called oxidation. The product contains no harsh chemicals, sticky residue, or dangerous volatile organic compounds, resulting in a clean and disinfected vehicle with no chemical smell.
Until now, any possible solution for killing the coronavirus was wrought with harmful chemicals, expensive equipment, and residue-leaving application devices that harm the vehicle’s interior. As a disinfectant and sanitizer, ReKlenz-X can be applied to all interior vehicle surfaces using a microfiber towel. When paired with NuVinAir’s premier detailing solution, ReNuSurface, and their patented Cyclone treatment, NuVinAir takes deep cleaning to a new level for its automotive partners and their customers.
About NuVinAir Global:
NuVinAir Global is a privately held, Dallas-based company providing healthier commutes for drivers and passengers throughout the country. NuVinAir Global delivers a ‘Total Health’ product line that provides sanitization science and a patented cleaning process to dealerships, rental car companies, and other automotive businesses. NuVinAir’s patented ReStore and ReFresh treatments are used to clean the interior air of the vehicle, including the HVAC system, and remove contaminants, odor, and pollutants by dispensing dispelling a dry, hygienic vapor that reaches places that sprays and wipes simply cannot.
Products and programs are sold through its franchisees, who own exclusive rights to their defined territories. For more information, visit NuVinAir.com and follow them on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.