The following automotive facts are brought to you by NuVinAir – an ideal complement to an oil change or tire rotation, NuVinAir’s products and services fit perfectly into any dealership, detail shop or car wash. To learn more, visit Nuvinair.com and see more information beneath this article.
Automotive Facts for the New Year
So much news flows our way each day through the internet, television, radio, and social media platforms and it can become too much. Sometimes it is fun to let someone else weed out the boring information and plate up the more interesting tidbits. Below are some recent news items related to the automotive world that you may have missed:
- Are you ready for a water bike? Now you can own a bike that replicates the cycling experience on water. Manta5, a company based in New Zealand has been working on the development of the bike for the past eight years. Pre-sales are now open for Manta5’s Hydrofoiler and buyers can expect to receive their orders in June of 2020. The cost for this novelty vehicle starts at $7,490.
- On New Year’s Eve, about five cars and one semi truck were trapped on a state highway in Washington. The issue was not ice or heavy snow as most would think. Instead, Route 240 was closed in both directions near West Richland, Washington because of… tumbleweeds. Using snowplows, it took the state’s department of transportation team over 10 hours to clear the highway from the tumbleweeds. The motorists had to spend their New Year’s Eve in their vehicles as they were hemmed in by 15 feet tall weeds.
- At the beginning of 2019, many feared the auto industry was driving straight into a recession. While sales slumped the first six months, sales began to rise the last half of the year. Compared to November 2018, sales actually rose 1.9% in November 2019. It is believed that car sales held strong due to a strong jobs market, and analysts like Cox Automotive say strong fleet sales also helped new car sales.
- Elon Musk recently unveiled Tesla’s much anticipated Cybertruck. Its look is reminiscent of the DeLorean and has a somewhat strange shape that reminds many of a triangle. The truck has a claimed top range of 500 miles, can tow up to 14,000 pounds and a 0-60 mph time of 2.9 seconds. Within five days of its rollout, Tesla received 250,000 reservations for the Cybertruck.
- Four days after the Cybertruck was unveiled, Cybertruck Nuts arrived on the market. Like the Cybertruck, the truck nuts company (Cybertrucknuts.net) is taking reservations and promising to ship in 2021. The anatomically incorrect truck accessories are available in recycled plastic for $10 or 100% metal for $30. The company is donating 10 percent of all profits to Movember, a charitable organization that addresses men’s health issues like prostate and testicular cancer.
New to NuVinAir?
In today’s automotive world, there is a product line that is truly disrupting the industry. That product is called NuVinAir.
NuVinAir is a patented technology that cleans your vehicle’s air in minutes and gives you and your passengers that fresh, healthy feeling you just can’t get anywhere else.
Ask your favorite dealership or detailer for NuVinAir today and experience first-hand a new kind of clean. For more about NuVinAir, visit nuvinair.com or call 1844-9-VinAir (984-6247). To read more about NuVinAir, visit nuvinair.com/blog.