Why do the summer months go by so fast but the winter months creep? The answer has to do with the number of opportunities we have in summer to get out and enjoy the sunshine and warm weather. In the winter, most of us are in our pajamas by 8 p.m. But, with fall approaching we can still get out and enjoy the weather for several months yet to come.
If you own a recreational vehicle, you know the thrill of slipping away from the city, sleeping under the stars, and breathing clean fresh air. The next few weeks are the perfect time to hop in, take the roads less traveled and enjoy the scenery. But, before you do, make sure you take these five steps to make sure your RV air quality is up for the trip.
- Add plants to your motorhome. Plants go a long way in improving air quality. Not only do plants absorb pollutants, they also absorb many other gases, including a long list of organic compounds. Benzene, and formaldehyde are just two examples of compounds that plants help eliminate. So, grab that pretty fern, cozy up your motorhome, and breath in the benefits that plants bring.
- Clean your exhaust fans. We do so many activities in such a small space that compromise our interior air quality – we cook, we often have wet clothing that brings musty smells, and if traveling with pets, the interior space quickly accumulates pet dander. Moreover, when the septic gets full, the air can go from good, to stale, to worse in a quick amount of time. So, keep your exhaust fan clean and set the direction to out to remove some of the pollutants.
- Speaking of pet dander, spray an anti-allergen spray on your cloth furniture or anywhere your pet stays to mitigate the pet dander and dust mites.
- While carpet can feel good under your feet, it has no place in an RV. Carpet traps dust, collects moisture, and all sorts of pollutants that can worsen the air quality and trigger allergies.
- Toss the cardboard air fresheners. Those products only mask the problems that exist in your vehicle. Instead, before you head out, get your RV scheduled at your nearest dealership for a NuVinAir treatment. NuVinAir doesn’t mask the problems, it eliminates them and restores your vehicle to a fresh, clean vehicle that feels healthy and new. There are no harsh chemicals and absolutely no residue left behind.
New to NuVinAir?
Ask your favorite dealership or detailer for NuVinAir today and experience first-hand a new kind of clean. For more about NuVinAir, visit nuvinair.com or call 1844-9-VinAir (984-6247). To read more about NuVinAir, visit nuvinair.com/blog.