The following automotive facts are brought to you by NuVinAir – an ideal complement to an oil change or tire rotation, NuVinAir’s products and services fit perfectly into any dealership, detail shop or car wash. To learn more, visit Nuvinair.com and see more information beneath this article.
How to Spot Flood Damage to a Vehicle
With hurricane season upon us, thousands of flood-damaged vehicles are literally flooding the used-car market across the country. Carfax estimates there are over 400,000 flood-damaged vehicles on the road and, following a hurricane, those numbers rise dramatically. Scammers begin dumping affected vehicles into used-car inventories within days of a hurricane or tropical storm.
Typically, scammers know how to clean up a damaged vehicle and upon first inspection, you may not be able to tell there was anything wrong with it. So, before you purchase a used car, look for the following signs that there has been flood damage:
- The interior carpet does not match or it is stained.
- There is rust around the doors, under the dashboard, or on latches.
- Interior lights and/or the instrument panel may be fogged up or have moisture droplets on them.
- Mud and debris are extremely difficult to eradicate completely, and it often collects in glove compartments, under the seats, and in the trunk space.
- A dank, musty odor that is barely noticeable as it is masked by a strong air-freshener. If it smells of a strong deodorant, it’s highly likely the seller is trying to mask an odor. After a few days, a distinctly unpleasant smell will permeate the vehicle.
If you are a small used car lot owner, inspect all vehicles carefully before purchasing. Get a Carfax report and check the title. Do your research and know the vehicle’s title history. By doing so, you will save yourself several headaches down the road.
If you are the victim of a scam and own a used car that has been subject to a flood, you can eliminate the musty odors that linger long after a masking deodorant has worn off. NuVinAir has an innovative product that quickly and safely eliminates stubborn odors at the source, giving you a fresh, clean car that FEELS healthy and new. Ask your favorite dealership or detailer for NuVinAir today and experience first-hand a new kind of clean.
New to NuVinAir?
In today’s automotive world, there is a product line that is truly disrupting the industry. That product is called NuVinAir.
NuVinAir is a patented technology that cleans your vehicle's air in minutes and gives you and your passengers that fresh, healthy feeling you just can't get anywhere else.
Ask your favorite dealership or detailer for NuVinAir today and experience first-hand a new kind of clean. For more about NuVinAir, visit nuvinair.com or call 1844-9-VinAir (984-6247). To read more about NuVinAir, visit nuvinair.com/blog. Interested in offering NuVinAir to your customers? Visit https://www.nuvinair.com/dealers/