Regardless of our age or where we are in life, we all like to get a good grade. If in school, it’s working on a term paper and getting it back from your teacher with a big A+. If you work in an office and you come in early and stay late, it’s nice to get rewarded by your boss with a well-deserved job promotion and pay. Uber drivers are no different as their paycheck directly reflects whether their passengers are satisfied with their ride – or not.
At the end of each trip, passengers rate their driver with 1 to 5 stars. While the driver never sees specific ratings, their overall rating is an average of his or her last 500 completed trips. But, a poor rating here and there can add up to less money in a driver’s paycheck. There are a variety of reasons why your Uber rating might be less than five stars. Below are some steps to take to help fix a low Uber driver rating:
- Don’t rely on GPS to get to the location. A large number of passengers send in complaints that their drivers don’t know how to navigate the area. We have all experienced times when a GPS system tells you to turn left when you know your destination is on the right. Therefore, know your own city and become familiar with all the backstreets and shortcuts.
- Sharpen your emotional IQ to understand your passengers. By paying close attention to your riders, you will sense if they want to chat or if they want to ride in silence. If they do want to talk, remember they will want to talk about themselves, not about you. Try not to take it personally as that is just a factor of human nature. Always stay respectful, don’t discuss politics or religion, and keep the conversation light and professional.
- Drive safely. If you take corners on two wheels, there’s a high probability that you will receive a low rating. Follow all traffic signs and laws. Do not tailgate, speed or switch lanes needlessly.
- Keep your vehicle clean! No one enjoys riding in a dirty car that has “wash me!” written on the rear window. Make sure you get your vehicle washed at least once a week. Same goes for the inside of your car. No one likes to sit down in a car seat when its dirty. Go over your seats and floorboards to ensure you get all the dirt that collects there. Wipe down all non-fabric surfaces with a cleaning towel.
- Even if the outside of your car is clean but it has a funky odor coming through the vents, you are bound to get poor ratings. Unfortunately, those cardboard air fresheners don’t fix the problem. Instead, unpleasant odors remain and serves as a huge turn off for your passengers. To ensure your vehicle’s interior air is clean, fresh and healthy, get your vehicle treated with a NuVinAIr 7-minute or 15-minute Refresh treatment.
NuVinAir Can Help
When your vehicle receives a NuVinAir treatment, it means all odors have been completely removed from your vehicle. You’ll have a car that has a factory-fresh vehicle interior to offer your satisfied passengers.
Learn More About NuVinAir
In today’s automotive world, there is a product line that is truly disrupting the industry. That product is called NuVinAir.
NuVinAir is a patented technology that cleans your vehicle's air in minutes and gives you and your passengers that fresh, healthy feeling you just can't get anywhere else.
Ask your favorite dealership or detailer for NuVinAir today and experience first-hand a new kind of clean. To read more about NuVinAir, visit nuvinair.com/blog.
Interested in becoming a franchisee? Visit https://www.nuvinair.com/distributors/